Welcome to Conquering CHD - Florida
At Conquering CHD - Florida, we exist to conquer the most common birth defect. We engage, listen, learn, and act. We create visibility and empower all impacted by CHD. We accomplish this through awareness, knowledge, community, and research.
*This State Chapter has received the Honor Roll Award for outstanding performance in support of our mission in 2019 and 2020.
- Conquering CHD Kits offering critical information and a personal connection for patients with CHD of all ages through individualized care packages
- Online chat networks bringing people with similar experiences together
- In-person peer support offering patients and families encouragement and insight from someone who has walked a similar path
- Social events providing a safe environment to celebrate life and simple joys together
- Physician education improving understanding of congenital heart disease from the patient and family perspective
- Research promotion and participation helping promising developments become reality
- Advocacy activities sharing our stories to improve federal research funding
For more information about the Florida chapter, email email@example.com. Join our online chat networks to connect with individuals and families with similar experienced in your region:
Facebook Social Groups
Statewide Family Network
South Florida Chat
Family Network for the South Florida Region
Teen & Adult Patients
Nationwide Network for Teen & Adult Patients Only
Nationwide Network for Heart Families whom have experienced a loss
Find us on Social Media:
Upcoming Events and Activities
Advent Health for Children: Pediatric Cardiology
Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children Heart Center
Golisano Children's Hospital - Congenital & Pediatric Heart Program
Holtz Children’s Hospital Congenital Heart Center
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Heart Institute
Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital Heart Institute
Nemours Children's Health System Cardiac Center
Nicklaus Children's Hospital Heart Program
St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital Pediatric and Congenital Heart Program
University of Florida Shands Congenital Heart Center
Wolfson Children's Hospital Heart Center
Meet the Florida Volunteer Board
Chapter Interim Lead- Nicholas Wesner
Chapter Secretary - Charlotte McIntosh
Chapter Teen/Adult Coordinator - Dipti Amin
Chapter Bereavement Coordinator - Ari Montuno
Chapter Hospital Coordinator - Massiel DeCamps
Chapter Lead Coordinator (South Florida) - Michelle Bartra
Open Volunteer Board Positions
-Chapter Social Media Coordinator
-Chapter Fundraising Coordinator
-Lead Coordinators throughout Florida
If you are interested in any of these Board Positions, please reach out. We'd love to have you on our team! firstname.lastname@example.org
We are thrilled to announce our partnerships have expanded with these incredible organizations, and businesses supporting our mission to conquer CHD here in Florida!
If your business, or organization would like to join our team in our effort to conquer the most common birth defect please reach out to us at email@example.com.
How you can help
Conquering CHD - Florida works in close collaboration with children’s hospitals throughout our state, to provide educational meetings, socials, and distribution of care kits. The Conquering CHD Care Kit is a gift from others who have been on a journey impacted by CHD. Families are often sent to hospitals that are outside of their local area to receive care, because of the specialized care needed. Filled with everyday items for a hospital stay, the kit also provides educational, hygiene, and comfort items to families who receive them.
Consider organizing a Conquering CHD Care Kit Drive & Packing Party! This is a fun way to pay it forward and engage outside organizations to get involved. Your church, school, community or civic organization can help collect the following:
● Travel-sized toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, deodorant, toothpaste, and toothbrush
● Hand sanitizer, dental floss, and chapstick
● Coloring books for children and adults; 8-packs of crayons, colored pencils, and markers
● Crossword puzzles, sudoku books, and decks of cards
● Single-serve snacks such as granola bars, crackers, goldfish, or fruit snacks
● Gum or mints
For questions on how to get started, or to request a kit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give to Conquering CHD Florida
Conquering CHD - Florida is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Our tax-exempt or EIN number is: 82-1612741.
For additional documentation of our tax-exempt status, please contact email@example.com.
You can read more about our organization in our GuideStar profile.
Please give generously to support our state chapter activities!
Give to Conquering CHD - Florida
Conquering CHD Stories
Grace was born on March 7, 2017. At birth, to her parents heartbreak, she was diagnosed with complete atrioventricular canal defect (AVSD), as well as trisomy 21. She had open heart surgery on August 7, 2017 at just 5 months old. The first year of her life was hard on her family, especially the first...Full Story>