September 29, 2020 – 1:00pm ET
The 7th Summit is Going Virtual!
Join us September 29th, at 1pm ET as we unite patients, families, health professionals, administrators, payers, media, federal partners, and policymakers to lead the field of congenital cardiovascular care into a new age of transparent reporting.
Aims for this Summit
This Summit is the seventh in a series of meetings intended to develop a thoughtful and actionable approach to transparency and public reporting across the fields of pediatric and congenital cardiology. It is aimed at consumer access to critical, reliable, timely and understandable data for children and adults with congenital heart disease, as well as improved quality and outcomes.
Through informative presentations and meaningful conversation, we intend to accomplish the following at this meeting:
- Develop an improved understanding of health equity and transparency
- Receive updated information about transparency and public reporting activities such as Society of Thoracic Surgeons and U.S. News and World Report
- Reveal and review Conquering CHD’s Hospital Navigator, providing a dashboard of hospital metrics for patients and families
- Discuss transparency during challenging times including second opinions and adverse events
- Consider policy next steps for stakeholders as we work together to empower patients and families and improve quality and outcomes
- Pre-conference meeting for first-time attendees will be pre-recorded and disseminated prior to the live virtual event
- Hot Topics presented by experts in the field, with opportunity for live discussion between the experts and attendees
Click here for the most recent version of the agenda, updated regularly as speakers are confirmed.
David KasnicExecutive Director, Conquering CHD Full Bio>
Sara Pasquali, MD, MHSC.S. Mott Children's Hospital; MAB Chair, Conquering CHD Full Bio>
Wendy Nembhard, PhD, MPHUniversity of Arkansas Full Bio>
Keila Lopez, MDTexas Children's Hospital Full Bio>
Rita Higgins, RNMedtronic Full Bio>
Ben Harder, Chief of Health AnalysisU.S. News and World Report Full Bio>
John Mayer, Jr, MDBoston Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School Full Bio>
Rebeka Acosta, BCPAEducation Coordinator, Conquering CHD Full Bio>
Amy Basken, MSDirector of Programs, Conquering CHD Full Bio>
Andrew Shin, MDLucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford Full Bio>
Brett R. Anderson, MD, MBA, MSColumbia University Irving Medical Center Full Bio>
Carol Raimondi, RN, Adult PatientBoard Member, Conquering CHD Illinois Full Bio>
Nicolas Madsen, MD, MPHCincinnati Children's Hospital Full Bio>
Brad Marino, MD, MPP, MSCEAnn & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital Full Bio>
Patsy Buckberg, DNPJoint Commission Full Bio>
Shayne WoodsSenior Policy Advisor, Rep. Bilirakis Full Bio>
Conquering CHD Stories
Artyom was born in April 2009 with Congenital Heart Disease. Anatomically speaking, he had a moderate Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) but remained largely asymptomatic. At the time his biggest hurdle was undiagnosed complex airway disease. Congenital Cardiologists agreed the airway issues should be addressed before attempting any repair of his ASD. For several years, Artyom’s...Full Story>