Thank you to everyone who participated in our live webinar “Navigating the K-12 Education System with CHD” on June 24th, 2022, as part of our Heart Connection 2022 webinar series. Read on for the summary and full video presentation
We couldn’t meet in person in Washington D.C. this year, however, we felt our community would benefit from the incredible content we’d planned. Heart Connection 2022 Virtual Education Series presents all of our favorite topics from the annual conference in an easy-to-attend, easy-to-digest format – for all those impacted by CHD – patients, family members, and care team members. Our educational sessions will include live and pre-recorded presentations and panel discussions featuring experts in the field, as well as the patients and families who experience all aspects of CHD in their daily lives. For full program details, please visit our Heart Connection 2022 website: https://www.conqueringchd.org/involvement/heart-connection/
Our recent Heart Connection 2022 episode was a live webinar on how to navigate the K-12 education system with CHD and neurodevelopment. We were joined by panelists from Children’s Hospital Colorado, Children’s Wisconsin, Conquering CHD Arkansas, and Conquering CHD Illinois.
The panelists covered the following and more:
- Neurodevelopment in complex CHD
- Neurodevelopmental considerations and care throughout childhood and adolescence
- What families and schools can do to support learning for children with CHD
- Education plans, IEPs, 504s, and Health Plans
- The connection between CHD and educational challenges
- And questions from the audience!
You can watch the recording of the live panel here:
For more information and the resources mentioned in the presentation:
- Smart but Scattered by Peg Dawson and Richard Guare
- Taking Charge of ADHD by Russell Barkley
- The Whole-Brain Child and No Drama Discipline by Daniel Siegel
Our Heart Connection 2022 webinar series provides educational presentations each month until November 2022 for patients, families, care team members, etc., in the CHD community. If you have follow-up questions from any presentation, a topic you’d like to see us cover in the future, or are an expert willing to collaborate, we would love to hear from you. Email the HC 2022 team today: email@example.com