The Heart-Brain Connection: Neurodevelopment in CHD – Overcoming Obstacles
Thank you to everyone who participated in our live webinar “Neurodevelopment in CHD: Overcoming Obstacles” on June 14th, 2022, as part of our Heart Connection 2022 webinar series. Read on for the summary and full video presentation.
We couldn’t meet in person in Washington D.C. this year, however, we felt our community would benefit from the incredible content we’d planned. Heart Connection 2022 Virtual Education Series presents all of our favorite topics from the annual conference in an easy-to-attend, easy-to-digest format – for all those impacted by CHD – patients, family members, and care team members. Our educational sessions will include live and pre-recorded presentations and panel discussions featuring experts in the field, as well as the patients and families who experience all aspects of CHD in their daily lives. For full program details, please visit our Heart Connection 2022 website: https://www.conqueringchd.org/involvement/heart-connection/
Our most recent Heart Connection 2022 episode was a live webinar on neurodevelopment in CHD and the impacts of prenatal factors. We were joined by an expert panel from UT Southwestern Medical Center and Children’s Health in Dallas, Texas.
The panelists covered the following and more:
- Fetal Diagnosis of CHD, Important Components of a Program, and Prenatal Counseling
- Risk Factors for Neurodevelopmental Obstacles
- Developmental Care of the Newborn with CHD
- Neurodevelopmental Care throughout Childhood
- Ongoing Research Studies about Neurodevelopment
- And questions from the audience!
You can watch the recording of the live panel here:
Click below for quick access to the resources mentioned in the presentation:
- Association of Prenatal Diagnosis of Critical Congenital Heart Disease With Postnatal Brain Development and the Risk of Brain Injury
- Counseling for Fetal Heart Disease – Current Standards and Best Practice
- Counseling for Prenatal Congenital Heart Disease – Recommendations Based on Empirical Assessment of Counseling Success
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Fetal Cardiac Disease – A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association
- Early Integration of Palliative Care in Families of Children with Single Ventricle Congenital Heart Defects: A Quality Improvement Project to Enhance Family Support
- Neurodevelopmental Outcomes in Congenital Heart Disease
- Neuroplacentology in Congenital Heart Disease: Placental Connections to Neurodevelopmental Outcomes
- Placental Vascular Malperfusion Lesions in Fetal Congenital Heart Disease
- Supporting Development in Children With Congenital Heart Disease
Our Heart Connection 2022 webinar series provides educational presentations each month until November 2022 for patients, families, care team members, etc., in the CHD community. If you have follow-up questions from any presentation, a topic you’d like to see us cover in the future, or are an expert willing to collaborate, we would love to hear from you. Email the HC 2022 team today: email@example.com